Ten Things About Me
1. From ages 10-12, I was a Connecticut boys’ state free throw shooting champion. That also sadly coincided with the peak of my basketball career. I lettered twice in high school, but I wasn’t nearly as good once the rest of the kids grew.
2. In elementary and middle school, I won the town spelling bee and geography bee.
3. I am a Jeopardy/pub trivia assassin.
4. I think, and store my memories, in references — like a card catalog for the older folks out there. If I hear a word, a song, a phrase, it sends me on my way. I’m the guy that blurts out with a song or a movie quote when he/she hears “the” word.
5. In 2004, I purchased a car with proceeds from playing poker.
6. In high school and college, I was a nationally-recognized debater. In college, I competed in the best debate organization in the country: the American Parliamentary Debate Association.
7. In law school, I was national champion and voted best speaker at the largest student-run moot court competition in the country: The Robert F. Wagner Memorial Moot Court Competition.
8. I’m not just all brains and stunning good looks, I played baseball, football, basketball and tennis competitively. I now play beer league softball in New Haven.
9. I am a fantasy baseball enthusiast. My winnings last season helped to pay for Amber’s engagement ring.
10. I have a soft spot for anime and rpgs. My favorite newer anime are Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Claymore and Blood+. I am 30 and I own a Nintendo3DS.
BONUS ROUND: I will defend free speech to my death. It’s one of the myriad reasons that Tumblr is better than FB. I strongly considered becoming a First Amendment specialist and received offers to work as counsel for the adult industry upon graduation.